Consumers strike back: Skechers thought they could fool droopy-bottomed consumers into thinking they were working out buy slipping on a pair of Shape-Ups, but apparently the shoes didn’t live up to their booty-firming and muscle-strengthening claims because now Skechers is paying out $40 million in refunds. The real issue here isn’t false advertising, it’s why did consumers believe that Joe Montana wore Shape-Ups? I thought he just threw them.
Downgrade: Do you have an unlimited data plan with Verizon? Well you might want to go get your bi-annual upgrade sooner rather than later because this summer Verizon plans to force smartphone users (so basically everyone) with unlimited data plans to switch to their tiered plans when they upgrade. Oh and surprise, they’ve tacked on a $30 “upgrade fee” too!
Top news: Mary Kennedy, the estranged wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (nephew of JFK), was found dead today in her New York home at the age of 52. Mary had reportedly struggled with drug and alcohol problems and had two high-profile arrests around the time her husband filed for divorce in July 2010. The cause of death is still unknown.
In other news:
- Vietnam War soldier gets Medal of Honor 42 years later
- Jennifer Lopez, Oprah, Justin Bieber Top Forbes’ Powerful Celebrity 100 List
- How did ancient South American skulls end up in a Florida backyard?
- Study suggests lower risk of death for coffee lovers
- Violence Against Women Act passes in House, but partisan battle looms
image source: taunter.com